Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Multi-Cloud Security: Deloitte has expanded existing capabilities to launch Cloud Security Management (CSM) by Deloitte. The platform of services and solutions includes cloud security policy orchestration (CSPO), cyber predictive analytics, attack surface management and cyber cloud managed services (CCMS) – all of which can be applied in Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other public clouds alone, or in multi-cloud environments, the company said.
2. Managed Data Security and Compliance: Converge Technology Solutions Corp. has launched Converge Enterprise Cloud for IBM Guardium Insights -- a "cloud-agnostic, hosted, and managed solution for data security and compliance," the company said.
3. Funding - Email Security: Abnormal Security has raised $210 million in Series C funding led by Insight Partners, with participation from Greylock Partners and Menlo Ventures. With this round, the 4-year-old company is now valued at $4 billion.
4. Fortinet Integrations: The Fortinet Fabric-Ready Technology Alliance Partner Program has surpassed 500 integrations.
5. KnowBe4 Quarterly Results: KnowBe4, the security awareness training company, announced GAAP revenue of $75 million for Q1 of 2022, up 40.1% compared t Q1 of 2021. Net income was $1.36 million, down from $2.2 million in Q1 of 2021. The figures generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
6. Testing - 5G Security: Nokia has launched an Advanced Security Testing and Research (ASTaR) lab in Dallas, Texas. It is the first end-to-end 5G testing lab in the U.S. focused solely on cybersecurity, Nokia asserts.
7. Cybersecurity Talent Gap and Training: GuidePoint Security has created the GuidePoint Security University (GPSU) as a" training and development pipeline for developing critical cybersecurity skills and applying them to real-world solutions," the company said. Cybersecurity disciplines that are currently covered within GPSU include: Application Delivery, Application Security, Cloud Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), Identity & Access Management, Network Security, Penetration Testing, Security Analytics, Security Automation, Security Operations, and Project Management. Applications for the Fall Semester will open in early August 2022 and be posted on the GuidePoint Security careers page.
8. SAP Application Security: Onapsis has released Onapsis Assess Baseline -- which accelerates customers’ ability to "kickstart their SAP vulnerability management programs by better aligning with the SAP Security Baseline," the firm said.
9. Talent - Data-Centric Security: Protegrity has hired Brad Rouse as chief revenue officer.
10. Spain Cybersecurity Shakeup: Spain replaced the head of its intelligence agency in a bid to calm a furor sparked by the discovery that Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and dozens of Catalan separatist leaders had their phones hacked with spyware, Bloomberg reported.