Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Integration - Open XDR and Barracuda: Stellar Cyber's Open XDR now integrates with Barracuda's CloudGen Firewall, Barracuda Web Application Firewall, and Barracuda Total Email Protection. MSSPs gain "enhanced visibility, automated incident correlation, threat hunting," Stellar Cyber asserted.
2. Security Operations Center: Optiv is relocating its Midwestern hub from a multi-tenant campus to a standalone building that supports roughly 200 employees. The new facility features an executive briefing center and a 24/7 security operations center (SOC).
3. DevSecOps: Dynatrace's software now includes so-called security gates, which enables DevSecOps teams to "automatically assess each new software release to ensure only secure code moves through the delivery pipeline," the company said.
4. Funding: Contrast Security, a provider of code security tools, has raised $150 million in a Series E round of funding at a greater than $1 billion valuation. The oversubscribed round was led by Liberty Strategic Capital, together with 100% participation from existing Contrast investors Warburg Pincus, Battery Ventures, General Catalyst, Microsoft’s M-12 Fund, AXA Venture Partners and Acero Capital.
5. Threat Intelligence Platform: Kaspersky CyberTrace has been. updated with extended threat intelligence platform capabilities including alert triage, threat data analysis and incident investigation, the company indicated.
6. Ransomware Attacks Comic Book Distributor: Diamond Comic Distributors disclosed details here.
7. Ransomware Attacks Electronics Retailer: Electronics retail giant MediaMarkt has suffered a Hive ransomware with an initial ransom demand of $240 million, causing IT systems to shut down and store operations to be disrupted in Netherlands and Germany, BleepingComputer reported.
8. Microsoft Exchange Patch: Microsoft has patched a vulnerability in on-premises Exchange Server 2016 and 2019 that has seen "limited targeted attacks" in the wild as part of wider updates for Exchange Server, SC Media reported.
9. Partnership - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Ping Identity and iboss are partnering to integrate their platforms, SC Media noted.