Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
- John Ayers has been chief product officer since 2020;
- Michael Wilson in now chief technology officer; and
- Michelle Bank is now executive VP and chief marketing officer.
2. Funding - eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Cynet has raised $40 million in Series C funding led by Greenfield Partners with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners, Vintage Investment Partners, BlueRed Partners and Deutsche Telekom.
3. Funding - SIEM and SOAR: Capital One invested $24 million in Securonix, which grew its annual recurring revenue 55 percent in 2020 vs. 2019. Secureonix did not disclose actual revenue or profit dollar figures.
4. Funding - Cyber Insurance: Cowbell Cyber, a cyber insurance provider for small to medium enterprises (SMEs), has raised $20 Million in Series A funding. Brewer Lane Ventures led the investment with participation from Pivot Investment Partners, Avanta Ventures, Markel Corp., and existing investors ManchesterStory, Tri-Valley Ventures, and Holmes Murphy.
5. Patent - SOAR Security Alerts: Siemplify has earned a U.S. patent for the Siemplify Security Operations Platform's ability to "model multidimensional threat data into graph-based representations, enabling the solution to automatically group related alerts into threat-centric cases and reduce analyst caseload by up to 80%," the company says.
6. Mobile Device Security: Menlo Security has expanded its cloud-based Secure Web Gateway (SWG) to include web isolation for mobile devices. This new offering is "designed to eliminate the threat of malware and phishing attacks when users are accessing the Internet and email from their smartphones and tablets," the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program - Penetration Testing: Cobalt has launched a partner program.
3. Partnership - MSSP and Threat Intelligence: EclecticIQ, a threat intelligence, hunting and response technology provider, has partnered with Applied Cyber Defense Systems (ACDS) to expand its offering as an MSSP. The partnership follows EclecticIQ's acquisition of endpoint security platform, PolyLogyx, in 2020. ACDS provides Managed SOC services. Paired with Polylogyx's technology, EclecticIQ and ACDS can offer threat intelligence services for both businesses and end users.
4. Integration -- IAM for ServiceNow: Identity and access management software provider Avatier has released Avatier for ServiceNow, which allows users to "securely connect, provision and audit any identity or app from within ServiceNow's Now Platform."
5. Integration - Apple macOS Security Meets Cloud SIEM and SOAR: Jamf Protect now integrates with Microsoft Azure Sentinel. The result: Azure Sentinel customers and partners can now leverage Apple-specific security insights, malicious activity reporting and malware prevention of Jamf Protect within their single pane of glass security operations system, Jamf says.