Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Research - Dharma Ransomware Attacks: Sophos offers perspectives here.
2. Research - Threat Landscape Report: Fortinet's latest report is here.
3. Talent - Incident Response: CyberScout, a provider of cyber risk protection and incident response services, has hired Jephunneh Lattiboudeaire as head of Canadian business development.
4. Partnership - Email Security: Virtru and Area 1 Security are integrating and promoting Virtru’s email encryption with Area 1’s anti-phishing capabilities. The partnership surfaces shortly after Area 1 launched a formalized partner program, hired Patrick Sweeney as CEO, and raised $25 million in funding.
5. Partnership - Azure Cloud Security Tools: Recorded Future now integrates with Microsoft Azure Sentinel and Defender ATP to accelerate threat investigation and response, simplifying security workflows and maximizing their existing security investments.
7. Integration - Service Desks and Identity Management: atSpoke has unveiled an Integrations Command Center, and a connection to Okta. The result: IT teams can trigger Okta actions directly within Slack and atSpoke tickets, eliminating time wasted switching between tools, the company says.
8. Distribution - Security: Check Point has launched a Distribution Marketplace Program, joining with Arrow Electronics and Ingram Micro, to help partners reach new customers and sectors with Check Point’s cloud security solutions. The new program delivers enablement, marketing support, flexible financing and consumption models to partners, and builds on the Partner Growth Program launched in January 2020, the company says.
10. Email Security: GreatHorn has upgraded its email security platform.