Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding - Cloud Data Store Security: Eureka has raised $8 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures. Founded by Palo Alto Networks veterans Liat Hayun (CEO), former VP of Product Management, and Asaf Weiss (CTO), former Senior Director of Engineering, Eureka "enables security teams to mitigate the risk of data loss and theft in multi-cloud environments by gaining control over their organization’s entire cloud data security posture and compliance," the company said.
2. Funding - MSP Data Protection: Bregal Milestone has invested in Redstor, a data management and SaaS protection. The funding amount and valuation were not disclosed. Redstor will use the funding to expand U.S. operations. Redstor lets MSPs and channel partners serving the mid-market "discover, manage and protect customer data across the broadest range of environments from a single, cloud-based application. The system protects data on-premises, in Kubernetes, and in SaaS applications such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Salesforce and Xero, Redstor asserts.
3. Partner Program - Security Analytics: Devo Technology, a cloud-native logging and security analytics company, has launched a Technology Alliance Partner program, the latest addition to the Devo Drive Partner Program. Inaugural members include Check Point, Cybereason, Corelight, Cribl, CyCognito and Cyware.
4. Partnership - Palo Alto Networks and Microsoft: Palo Alto Networks has joined the Microsoft 365 Networking Partner Program to provide direct connectivity for Microsoft 365 users through the Prisma Access service.
5. Partnership - MSP and Healthcare IoT Security: Aspire Technology Partners and CyberMDX have partnered to protect IoT systems in the healthcare vertical.
6. Partnership: SentryBay, a UK-based cybersecurity software company, and Stratodesk, a provider of end-user computing (EUC) management and OS software, have inked a alliance partnership. This partnership delivers "advanced security options to prevent keylogging and screen capture on Stratodesk’s operating system layer, rather than just a connected Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) session," the companies said.
7. Penetration Testing: Prancer Enterprise has released Penetration Testing as Code Framework (PAC) -- an offensive security tool offered that promotes promote shift-left security strategies in cloud environments.
8. Government Security Research: Insiders used to be the biggest security concern for government IT leaders. But times have changed. The general hacking community (56%) is now the largest source of security threats at public sector organizations, followed closely by careless/untrained insiders (52%) and foreign governments (47%), according to a SolarWinds Public Sector Cybersecurity Survey Report.
9. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attack Mitigation Service: Bigleaf Networks has launched an automated DDoS mitigation service that "works across multiple circuits to help businesses deliver more reliable connectivity to their users by protecting the performance of their internet connections from overt and passive attacks and interruptions," the company asserted.
10. Cyber Resilience: CyberRes, a Micro Focus business, has launched Galaxy -- an "immersive cyberthreat experience that provides actionable and business-centric intelligence for security executives," the company said.