Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Partnership: Gradient Cyber has partnered with D9 Technologies to integrate Gradient Cyber’s 24/7 SOCaaS capabilities with D9’s managed-services. Customers gain turnkey security assessments, 24/7 security monitoring, disaster recovery, and business continuity services, the companies said.
3. Telecom Ransomware Attack: French telecoms operator La Poste Mobile has alerted customers that their data may have been compromised in a ransomware attack that targeted the company’s administrative and management systems on July 4, InfoSecurity Magazine reported.
4. Hacker Pleads Guilty: A Canadian man named Sebastien Vachon-Desjardins pleaded guilty in federal court for his role in ransomware attacks that stole an estimated $40 million in cryptocurrency from victims around the world, according to federal authorities, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
5. Financial Services Security Part One: The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS), a national organization of state financial regulators, will provide state financial regulators with access to SecurityScorecard’s cybersecurity ratings platform and connected services.
7. Phishing Research: One in three untrained employees will click on a phishing link, KnowBe4 research asserts.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar