Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Awareness Training - KnowBe4 Earnings: KnowBe4's revenue was $85.8 million in Q3 of 2022, up 33.9% compared to Q3 of 2022. CEO Stu Sjouwerman emphasized the imminent launch of the SecurityCoach product. The earnings disclosure comes amid KnowBe4's pending $4.6 billion sale to private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
2. Channel Chief - Unified Security and Endpoint Management: Syxsense has hired Jose Rangel as VP of global channels.
3. Penetration Testing for Public Clouds: BARR Advisory and Psicurity have partnered to promote penetration testing to organizations operating in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
4. Partnership - Incident Response: Joint Kroll and CrowdStrike customers can leverage Kroll’s IR and remediation capabilities, on-demand and with the Kroll Responder managed detection and response service. Customers can also leverage CrowdStrike Falcon platform and Kroll’s SOC capabilities for enhanced situational awareness, proactive threat hunting, digital forensics and incident response.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)