Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Momentum: Darktrace, a cybersecurity company that launched a successful IPO in April 2021, upgraded its financial guidance for 2022. Indeed, Darktrace said revenue for the financial year just ended would grow by a better-than-expected 40% plus to at least $278 million, Reuters reports.
2. Cyber Insurance: Coalition will enter the excess cyber insurance market in Canada. The effort will also include attack surface monitoring. Coalition began offering excess cyber insurance in the United States in July 2020.
3. Email Security: Mimecast has unveiled CyberGraph, an add-on for Mimecast Secure Email Gateway (SEG). CyberGraph leverages artificial intelligence to "help detect sophisticated phishing and impersonation attacks," the company says.
4. Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Hack The Box has announced Academy for Business, an "interactive skill development platform" for corporate IT and security teams. Companies can remotely track progress of team members, ensuring "staff are on-track to become skilled in security best practice," Hack The Box says.
5. Research - API Vulnerabilities: Salt Security has launched Salt Labs, a forum for publishing research on API vulnerabilities.
6. Password Management APIs: 1Password has launched Events API. The API allows events to be "piped directly to tools like Splunk and other SIEM platforms to provide a holistic view that allows for correlation with other sources," 1Password says.
7. Bot Cyberattack Mitigation: HUMAN Security (formerly White Ops) has announced the newly-named BotGuard and a range of new features to "further help enterprise customers defend their website and mobile applications from sophisticated bot attacks and fraud," the company says.
8. Consulting - Identity and Access Management (IAM): GuidePoint Security has expanded its Identity & Access Management (IAM) consulting practice. The practice helps customers to evaluate, select, implement and maintain best-fit IAM solutions. The practice now features assessment, strategy and roadmap development.
B. Cybersecurity Talent, New Hires and Executive Leadership
Among the hires and executive promotions we're tracking...
1. U.S. Government Cybersecurity: Accenture Federal Services (AFS), a subsidiary of Accenture, has hired former CISA executive Rick Driggers as national security cyber lead. Driggers will "play a key role in developing cybersecurity solutions designed to protect our nation’s critical infrastructure," AFS says.
2. Email Security for MSPs: Mailprotector has made multiple hires and promoted multiple executives. Among the moves to note: Mark Glowacz was has been promoted to VP of partner success, and Greg Aiken has joined the company as VP of marketing. Mailprotector, an email security provider that works closely with MSPs, raised $5 million in March 2020 as part of CEO David Setzer's long-term growth plan for the business.
3. Code Risk Software: Apiiro has hired GitHub veteran John Leon as VP of business development.
4. Network Security: Exclusive Networks has named Brian Vincik as VP North America.
5. Content Security: Egnyte has hired Stan Hansen as chief revenue officer.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar