Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Log4j Vulnerability Mitigation - Part One: NetWitness and Datashield are partnering to help customers identify the Apache Log4j Java library and to take action to mitigate the impact of this vulnerability, the two companies said.
2. Log4j Vulnerability Mitigation - Part Two: WhiteSource has launched WhiteSource Log4j Detect, a free command-line interface (CLI) tool to help organizations detect and remediate the Log4j vulnerabilities CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-445046.
4. Partner Program - File-based Security: Glasswall has launched a Premier Partner Program for distributors, value-added resellers (VARs), managed service providers (MSPs) and system integrators (SIs).