Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. ConnectWise Automate API Vulnerability: More details about a ConnectWise Automation software vulnerability, disclosed last week, have now surfaced in NIST's National Vulnerability Database.
2. Data Protection: Acronis is expanding the reach of Acronis Cyber Protect – which integrates data protection, cybersecurity, and endpoint management. Previously released as a cloud offering through service providers, Acronis Cyber Protect is now available as a beta to deploy on-premises.
3. Penetration Testing: HackerOne has expanded its penetration testing solution in Europe.
4. Endpoint Detection and Response: ESET Enterprise Inspector (EEI) version 1.4 has launched. EEI is an endpoint detection and response (EDR) tool that monitors and evaluates suspicious network activity. The latest release supports Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows, and features a public API to drive third-party integrations.
5. Cisco Managed Security Services Guidance: Cisco is hosting a series of managed security services education sessions.
6. Network Detection and Response: Corelight has integrated two open-source projects, Zeek and Suricata, into a solution that enables rapid pivoting from Suricata alerts into the network metadata extracted by Zeek. Suricata is an open-source network threat detection engine already supported by a wide variety of ruleset providers. The integration will first be available as an additional license on Corelight’s AP 3000 sensor.
7. Talent: Optiv Security, a Top 200 MSSP, has named David Martin as the company’s chief services officer. In this role, Martin will drive the growth and integration of the company’s solutions and services capabilities, in conjunction with partner technologies, to help clients build sustainable risk-centric foundations for implementing proactive and measurable security, Optiv says.
8. Funding - Web Security Services Provider: Kasada has raised $10 million in Series B funding. The New York and Sydney-based company plans to use the proceeds to fuel its continued U.S. expansion and new product development. Cybersecurity venture capital specialist Ten Eleven Ventures led the round, joined by existing investors Main Sequence Ventures and Westpac’s venture capital arm, Reinventure.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Partnership - Mobile Security: Bell, the massive Canadian service provider, will leverage BlackBerry Protect to provide secure communications to business and government customers. Under terms of the expanded relationship. BlackBerry becomes Bell’s preferred Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) partner. BlackBerry Protect is an MTD solution that uses artificial intelligence to block malware infections, prevent URL phishing attacks and provide application integrity checking, the company says.
3. Partnership - Endpoint Management and Security: Adaptiva, a provider of endpoint management and security solutions for enterprise customers, has partnered with UK-based IT consultancy OKTiK Technology to provide its solutions as part of OKTiK's automation platform. The partnership will expand Adaptiva's reach throughout Europe. Additionally, it enables Adaptiva to move aggressively into Southeast Asia, the companies say.
4. Partner Program - Endpoint Protection: SentryBay, which offers enterprise, data monitoring, ID theft protection and OEM products, is actively seeking resellers with security software experience.
5. Partner Program - Threat Intelligence: IntSights has launched the IntSights Global Partner Program. The IntSights External Threat Protection Suite is an external threat protection platform designed to neutralize cyberattacks outside the wire, the company says.
C. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar