Greetings and salutations. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 15, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Typically every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Top 250 MSSPs - 2022 List: The newly published Top 250 MSSPs list for 2022 is here.
2. MSSP Alert Live 2022 Conference - Starting Monday: Our live news blog has started.
Special thanks to the MSPs, MSSPs, speakers and sponsors who are set to join us in Washington, D.C. (Sept. 19-21). I'm already on-site, and look forward to kicking off fireside chats with Secureworks CEO Wendy Thomas, ConnectWise CISO Patrick Beggs and Booz Allen Hamilton Senior VP Wade Alt on Monday afternoon, September 19.
4. Channel Chief - Data Protection: Commvault has hired Dell and EMC veteran Alan Atkinson as chief partner officer. Atkinson reports to Chief Revenue Officer Riccardo Di Blasio.
5. Ernst & Young Consulting Concerns?: Strong competition and a slowing economy could pose challenges for Ernst & Young as it looks to stand up a separate consulting brand as part of the planned split of its business, The Wall Street Journal reported. Still, Ernst & Young operates a Top 250 MSSP and a Top 250 Public Cloud MSP -- so it's safe to say there's a critical mass of talent in the organization. Note: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), KPMG and Deloitte—the other Big Four accounting firms—have said they don’t intend to pursue a similar split, The Journal reported.
6. Uber Hacked?: Uber is investigating a cybersecurity incident that may involve Slack, which Salesforce owns, The New York Times reported. Uber had to deactivate several internal communications and engineering systems, the report said.
B. Annual Channel Partner Conferences and MSP Summits
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2022 (September 20-22, San Francisco, California)
- Taylor Business Group BigBig 2022 (September 21-24, South Florida)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Oracle NetSuite SuiteWorld 2022 (September 27-30, Las Vegas)