Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Jack Daniels Ransomware Attack: Brown-Forman, which manufactures Jack Daniel's whiskey and Finlandia vodka, has suffered a Sodinokibi (REvil) ransomware attack.
2. DHS Warning - Konni Malware: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has issued a security warning about KONNI Malware deployed via phishing emails.
3. DHS Warning - Drovorub Malware: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and FBI also issued a security warning about Russian advanced persistent threat (APT) actors spreading Drovorub malware.
5. Cisco Security - Partner Strategy: The company's partner pitch increasingly involves the SecureX platform.
6. Partnership - Australia and New Zealand: Airloom - an MSSP and Elite CrowdStrike partner, has embraced TrueFort's XDR application detection and response solutions. TrueFort Fortress XDR enables organizations to create microsegmentation policies based on telemetry data gathered by CrowdStrike Falcon agents, other third party security products and the TrueFort agent to address security blindspots, the company says.
7. Funding - Threat Detection and Response: Blumira of Ann Arbor, Michigan has raised $2.6 million in funding. The company's cloud-based service is seeking to disrupt traditional SIEM (security information and event management) platforms.