Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Talent - CISO: Drawbridge, a provider of cybersecurity software and solutions to the alternative investment industry, has promoted Simon Eyre to chief information security officer (CISO).
2. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Fortinet has updated its FortiEDR platform with a focus on automation, integration and professional services. Key capabilities include cloud-native endpoint security; integrated endpoint protection (EPP) with EDR; and managed detection and response (MDR) services.
3. Endpoint Security: WatchGuard Technologies is releasing endpoint security for use on Windows-based 5G- and 4G LTE-enabled PCs powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon compute platforms with its Panda Adaptive Defense 360 offering. Partners and customers can access this offering by purchasing Snapdragon compute platform powered 5G devices and Adaptive Defense 360 from authorized distributors, and applying licenses to such devices the same way they have for PC and Mac devices previously, WatchGuard says.
4. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): McAfee MVISION XDR now correlates the telemetry of McAfee’s endpoint security solution, Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution, and threat intelligence solution powered by MVISION Insights. The integrations "protect organizations against the most advanced threats while simplifying security operations with unified control and visibility from device to cloud," the company says.
5. Cyber Insurance & Risk Mitigation: Coalition, a provider of cyber insurance and security, has launched Coalition Control, a platform for controlling risk with free attack surface monitoring and cyber risk assessment for organizations of all sizes, the company says.
6. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): JumpCloud has launched JumpCloud Protect, a one-MFA solution that makes it "easy for IT admins to deploy and enforce MFA without adversely impacting end users," the company says. JumpCloud Protect is available for Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
7. Zero Trust Security: Ericom Software has launched ZTEdge, a Zero Trust security platform that MSSPs can deliver to midsize enterprises (MSEs) and small businesses.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Synnex has agreed to distributed the CyberArk Identity Security portfolio of Privileged Access Management solutions to partners across the United States and Canada.
2. Channel Chief: Forcepoint has named Parag Patel as senior VP of global channel sales.
3. Partner Program - Cloud Application Security: SafeGuard Cyber has launched Illuminate, a partner program focused on third-party cloud application security.
4. Security Management Dashboard: Avast has launched the Avast Business Hub, a security platform designed to streamline how Avast's channel partners, MSSPs, and business customers manage their cybersecurity solutions.
5. Partnership - Security Operations Center (SOC) Automation: WitFoo and Ardalyst have partnered to offer Precinct as a service to Ardalyst customers. Precinct delivers "flexible and scalable SIEM/SOAR capabilities," the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar