Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A - MSSP and IAM: Performanta, backed by Beech Tree Private Equity, has acquired Identity Experts, a Microsoft Gold Security Partner and Identity & Access Management (IAM) specialist consultancy based in the UK.
3. Cybersecurity Talent: Intel 471, a provider of cybercrime intelligence, has named Brandon Hoffman as chief information security officer (CISO), and Joy Nemitz as its new chief marketing officer (CMO). Both report to CEO Mark Arena.
4. Cybersecurity Talent Development: CyberKnights, from Rofori Corp., now enables employers to take inventory of their individual and total employee cybersecurity skills across the organization, utilizing the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) framework in key ways, the company says.
5. CMMC Compliance: Pacific Medical Centers, a healthcare network in the North Western united states, chose Redspin to conduct a readiness assessment of their current security posture to determine how to prepare for the Department of Defense’s new security framework certification for vendors, Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). Redspin is a division of CynergisTek.
9. White Label Partner Program: Otava has enhanced its Partner Program with a new partner portal featuring deal registration and management, 150 co-brandable enablement tools, dedicated marketing campaign assistance and trainers, plus a commitment that "Otava will not let Partners lose on price for like deals," the company claims. Otava's partner program is designed to help businesses deliver cloud, data protection, security, and colocation solutions to their customers.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar