Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SOC as a Service: Arctic Wolf Networks has unveiled Account Takeover Risk Detection capabilities, allowing customers of the Arctic Wolf Managed Risk service to identify corporate credential exposures to the dark web, the company says.
2. Funding - MDR and Hospital Cybersecurity: Concord Health Partners has invested in CI Security, a managed detection and response (MDR) specialist, to improve cybersecurity for hospitals. Concord and the American Hospital Association developed the AHA Innovation Development Fund for such investments. Financial terms were not disclosed.
3. Funding - Risk Mitigation: CyberCube Analytics, a provider of cyber risk analytics for the insurance industry, has raised $35 million in Series B funding led by Hudson Structured Capital Management (HSCM) and ForgePoint Capital.
4. Funding - Email Security: Abnormal Security has emerged from stealth mode and raised $24 million in Series A funding led by Greylock Partners. Abnormal Security's software protects organizations from targeted email attacks. Founders Evan Reiser and Sanjay Jeyakumar previously built large scale machine learning platforms at TellApart, Twitter and Google.
5. Vulnerability Management: Qualys has unveiled a Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response (VMDR) app to provide customers with one streamlined workflow to scan, investigate, prioritize and neutralize threats, the company says.
6. Multi- and Hybrid-Cloud Security: IBM has unveiled Cloud Pak for Security. The platform includes open-source technology for hunting threats, automation capabilities to help speed response to cyberattacks, and the ability to run in any environment, IBM asserts.
7. MSP - Office 365 Security: IT Weapons, the IT services division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions Canada, has unveiled a suite of security services designed to protect Office 365 email and application data.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. IIoT Security: Mocana Corp, and Siemens Digital Industries Software are partnering to deliver security for any Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) devices connecting to the Siemens MindSphere Cloud.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.