Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MDR Funding: eSentire has raised $325 million in funding, surpassed $100 million in annual recurring revenue (ARR) and achieved unicorn status, the MDR (managed detection and response) security service provider disclosed.
2. Ukraine Cyberattack Concerns: Ukrainian authorities said they had seen online warnings that hackers were preparing to launch major attacks on government agencies, banks and the defense sector on February 22, Reuters reported. The cyberattack concerns intensify as Russia allegedly begins to invade some regions of the Ukraine.
3. Free Cybersecurity Tools: The CISA has published this list of free cybersecurity services and tools for network defenders.
4. Funding - Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Beyond Identity has raised $100 million in Series C funding at a $1.1 billion valuation. Evolution Equity Partners led the round.
5. Talent - Cybersecurity: GRIMM has promoted Jennifer Tisdale to CEO.
7. Cyberattack - NFT Marketplace: OpenSea is investigating a phishing attack that led to stolen non-fungible tokens.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- SonicWall Boundless 2022 (Feb 23-24, Virtual)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar