Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. VMware and Carbon Black - New Owner?: That's a possibility...
2. Funding - Data Detection & Response (DDR) Startup: Dig has raised $11 million in seed funding. Team8 led the round, with cybersecurity firms CrowdStrike, CyberArk and Merlin Ventures also participating. Dig Security helps organizations discover, monitor, detect, protect and govern their cloud data in real time through a single unified policy engine, the startup indicated.
3. Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC): CyberSheath, a CMMC managed service provider supporting the DIB (Defense Industrial Base, has launched a partner program designed to "empower vendors to expand their core capabilities and achieve CMMC compliance faster," the company said.
4. Defend Forward Strategy: Cybereason has released the six principles of a defend forward security strategy.
5. MDR Market Growth Forecast: Here's how a global managed detection & response (MDR) security market growth forecast, and the potential implications for MSSPs.
6. Chicago Public Schools Ransomware Attack: The 2021 ransomware attack compromised over 495,000 student records and over 56,000 staff records, a local news report indicated.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar