Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Network Security - President-elect Joe Biden: The U.S. federal government, which has some of the most sophisticated anti-hacking technologies in the world, is offering limited assistance to Joe Biden’s transition operation in securing its email and other communications, despite concerns that the team is likely a top espionage target for Russia, China, and other adversaries, The Wall Street Journal reports.
2. Funding - Security Policy Management: build.security, a startup focused on authorization policy management, has raised $6 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures with participation from CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz. Founded by Amit Kanfer (CEO) and Dekel Braunstein (CTO), build.security provides developers with the "building blocks they need to quickly generate and manage best-practice authorization controls across enterprise applications at scale," the startup asserts.
3. Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): Fugue's SaaS product is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
4. Ransomware Mitigation for Healthcare: Cloudian and VMware, along with its cloud provider partners, have teamed up to provide free ransomware protection to health care organizations, SDXcentral reports.