Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Event Management Software Vulnerabilities: Huntress describes them here.
2. More SonicWall SMA 100 Series Patches: Details are here.
3. Vertical Firm Security: Arete Incident Response, a provider of cybersecurity services and technology to corporations, law firms, insurance carriers, and government entities, grew revenue 320% in 2020 vs. 2019. Actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed.
4. Cloud Security Posture Management: CrowdStrike has introduced expanded Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and Cloud Workload Protection (CWP) capabilities for the CrowdStrike Falcon platform. The updates offer greater "control, visibility and security for cloud workloads and cloud-native applications from build to runtime," CrowdStrike asserts.
5. Threat Hunting: Milton Security has launched a free, 15-day Proof of Value threat hunting trial.
6. Phishing Mitigation: Cyber Risk Aware has launched the SOARDphish tool for security awareness training.
7. Certification: Red Hat has launched a Vulnerability Scanner Certification.
8. Linux Security: Google and the Linux Foundation announced they are prioritizing funds to underwrite two full-time maintainers for Linux kernel security development, Gustavo Silva and Nathan Chancellor. Silva and Chancellor’s exclusive focus is to maintain and improve kernel security and associated initiatives in order to ensure Linux is "sustainable for decades to come."
9. Growth - Data Security: Protegrity revenue increased 23 percent in 2020 vs. year-over-year revenue increased by 23 percent in 2020, with annual recurring revenue for first-time customers increasing by 398 percent.
10. McAfee Earnings: They were better than expected...
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Talent - Channel Chief: Perimeter 81 has hired Bob Kilbride as VP of channels.
3. Partner Program - Logging and Security Analytics: Devo Technology has launched Devo Drive -- a partner program for resellers, MSSPs, and global systems integrators. There are currently more than 50 Devo Drive partners.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar