Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding - AppSecOps: ArmorCode has raised an additional $8 million in seed financing led by Cervin Ventures with participation from Sierra Ventures that lead the previous round of funding, Tau Ventures, and several angel investors.
3. Managed Application Security: NTT Application Security has announced Vantage Detect, a new extension to the WhiteHat Vantage Platform.
4. Breach and Attack Simulation: SafeBreach has launched the ransomware challenge, a free assessment designed to help customers understand their level of vulnerability to specific ransomware attacks and provide actionable intelligence about the immediate steps they can take to minimize their risk, the company said.
5. Cyber Risk Management: Great American Insurance Group has launched EagleEye by Great American, a cyber risk management platform that leverages National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) best practices with insights from SecurityScorecard's software.
6. Zero Trust Network Access & Endpoint Security: Sophos today unveiled Sophos ZTNA, a zero trust network access (ZTNA) offering that integrates with the Sophos Intercept X endpoint protection software. The result: MSPs can deploy a single agent to manage zero trust network access and endpoint security across each end-customer system.
7. Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): The Revelstoke business has launched to offer chief information security officers (CISOs) and security analysts a SOAR solution built on a Unified Data Layer. The new offering "automates analysis, eliminates software development needs, optimizes workflows, prevents vendor lock, scales processes, and gets to the root of incidents quickly and effectively," Revelstoke asserted.
8. Automated Penetration Testing (And More): Pentera has unveiled a "next-generation security validation platform," the company indicated. The unified platform combines External Attack Surface Management (EASM), Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) and automated penetration testing. The platform surfaces roughly two weeks after Pentera raised $150 million in Series C funding.
9. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Expereo will be offering Cato SASE Cloud services worldwide.