Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSP Cybersecurity Framework: ConnectWise has unveiled the MSP+ Cybersecurity Framework and supporting Playbooks. The framework and playbooks are designed to shorten the cybersecurity learning curve for MSPs-- and enable them to efficiently sell, deliver and support cyber solutions. The framework leverages and aggregates MSP-centric guidance from other well-known frameworks including NIST CSF, CIS 20, UK Cyber Essentials, Australia’s Essential Eight and others.
2. Partner Program: RiskIQ, which develops attack surface management technology, has unveiled the RiskIQ Interlock Partner Program. The partner program addresses End Detection and Response, SIEM and SOAR and vulnerability risk management.
3. Ransomware Targets Point of Sale (PoS) Systems: Attackers are compromising large companies with the Cobalt Strike malware, and then deploying the Sodinokibi ransomware, ThreatPost reports.
4. Cryptominer Malware Variant: A new variant of the cryptominer malware known as Golang is targeting both Windows and Linux machines, Barracuda reports. While the volume of attacks is low because the variant is so new, Barracuda researchers have seen seven source IP addresses linked to this malware so far, all based in China. Instead of targeting end users, this new malware attacks servers.
5. Research - Enterprise IoT Security: Forescout's findings are here.
6. Talent - Zoom CISO: Zoom Video Communications has hired former Salesforce.com security executive Jason Lee as its chief information security officer (CISO), Reuters notes.
7. Partnership - Network Access Control: Pulse Secure and Gigamon have partnered to ensure Pulse Secure’s Network Access Control (NAC) solution can fully leverage the endpoint contextual information received from Gigamon as remote workers return back to their office, the two companies say.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar