Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Microsoft's Cybersecurity Business: It's growing fast...
2. Channel Chief - Threat Modeling: IriusRisk, a threat modeling company, has named Elise Hayes as its strategic alliance director for North America.
3. Executive Leadership - Cyber Insurance: Blackpoint Cyber has hired J. Chris Wilkerson as VP of Blackpoint RISK & Head of Insurance.
4. Executive Leadership - IT Asset Security: Ivanti has named Dennis Kozak as chief operating officer (COO) effective April 25, 2022. Kozak will oversee Ivanti marketing, global sales, customer experience and operations.
6. Endpoint Protection - Apple macOS Security: Jamf has introduced network capabilities to Jamf Protect, an extension to the Apple device management platform that can "prevent macOS malware, detect and remediate Mac-specific threats, and monitor endpoints for compliance with Jamf Protect," the company said.
7. Multi-Cloud Security and Threat Hunting: CrowdStrike has introduced new adversary-focused Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) capabilities to "accelerate threat hunting for cloud environments and workloads and reduce the mean time to respond." The new capabilities unite CrowdStrike’s Falcon Horizon (Cloud Security Posture Management or CSPM) and Falcon Cloud Workload Protection (CWP) modules via a common cloud activity dashboard to "help security and DevOps teams prioritize top cloud security issues, address runtime threats and enable cloud threat hunting," the company said. Also, partners and customers gain new ways to leverage Falcon Fusion (CrowdStrike’s SOAR framework) to "automate remediations for Amazon Web Services (AWS), new custom Indicators of Misconfigurations (IOMs) for Google Cloud Platform (GCP), new ways to prevent identity-based threats for Microsoft Azure and more," CrowdStrike Asserted.
8. Venture Capital Funding: Strider Technologies has raised $45 million in Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners, with participation from existing investors DataTribe, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and One9 Ventures. Strider's software allows customers to "identify, manage, and respond to nation-state directed activities targeting their personnel, intellectual property (IP), and supply chains."
9. 5G Security Guidance: NIST is seeking comments on 5G security proposals.
10. Cyber Insurance: Corvus Insurance has inked partnerships with Orca Security, Ermetic, ClearVector and Expel.
11. Cyber Risk Management: SecurityScorecard has introduced Cyber Risk Quantification (CRQ) capabilities that will "enable customers to understand cyber risk in financial terms, enabling organizations to bring cyber risk into holistic business risk analysis, and assisting organizations in a cost-benefit analysis of cyber investment options," the company asserted.
12. Endpoint Security Software: Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Pro now includes automated response options, extended set security controls and built-in training for IT workers, the company said.
13. API Security: ThreatX, an API protection platform, has unveiled "new capabilities designed to strengthen its customers’ API security."
14. Checkpoint Quarterly Financial Results: Revenue at Check Point Software Technologies was $543 million in Q1 of 2022, up 7 percent from Q1 of 2021. Also, GAAP net income was $169 million compared to $183 million in the first quarter of 2021. The results generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
15. Stormous Hacked Coca Cola?: The Stormous hacking group claims that it hacked Coca-Cola's servers and retrieved 161 gigabytes of data, the Daily Mail reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar