Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding - IoT and Endpoint Security: MACH37 has invested in Ashburn, Virginia-based Cervais, a provider of IT security products designed to provide endpoint protection to the Internet of Things (IoT) devices, both traditional and non-traditional.
2. M&A - Edge Security: Fastly is acquiring Signal Sciences for approximately $775 million in cash and stock. Signal Science offers developer-first web application and API protection solutions for edge security.
3. SIEM Expansion: Securonix has expanded into Asia-Pacific region with "significant investments in infrastructure and personnel," the company says. The company has named Ravi Anantha Ramaiah as head of customer success to support these developments.
4. Data Privacy: GuardSight, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated the BlackFog privacy, security, and prevention platform into its service offering. BlackFog's data privacy and security uses on-device capabilities rather than cloud-based analysis. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by providing its customers with data privacy and security and, more importantly, compliance with the increasing number of US privacy regulations, the two companies say. Special thanks to the GuardSight team for the details.
5. MSSP Offer: ControlScan, an MSSP specializing in compliance, detection and response, now offers the National Benefit Programs (NBP) member base of nearly 200,000 businesses a 10 percent discount on a range of cybersecurity services.
6. Microsoft Teams Security: MessageOps has released Team Captain. IT and security teams can now quickly garner key statistics pertaining to their Teams environment from a graphical dashboard to stay organized, compliant, productive and secure, MessageOps asserts.
7. Fortinet SD-WAN Deployments: Six service providers have recently launched new SD-WAN services powered by Fortinet Secure SD-WAN. Key adopters include Fusion Connect, HubOne, Kazteleport, Optical Networks, Thrive and TNS.
8. Cloud Security: Menlo Security has integrated its Cloud Secure Web Gateway with the ReSec and Sasa Software. The result: Customers can sanitize and reconstruct files to neutralize potential threats while maintaining full usability of the file and supporting hundreds of file types, Menlo Security asserts.
9. Former Cisco Employee Pleads Guilty: A former Cisco Systems engineer admitted to deleting hundreds of virtual machines from the company’s cloud infrastructure, causing thousands of Webex Teams accounts to be shut down for up to two weeks in 2018, Silicon Valley Business Journal reports.