Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Partnership - Government Cybersecurity: Government IT solutions provider Carahsoft Technology Corp. will serve as CyCognito’s first Public Sector Distributor. CyCognito develops external attack surface management and protection software.
3. Potential Initial Public Offering (IPO): Cybersecurity startup Snyk is ramping up to potentially launch an IPO in mid-2022, Bloomberg reported. Snyk's software helps developers to write code that's more secure. The company raised $530 million at an $8.5 billion valuation in September 2021.
4. Shutterfly Ransomware Attack: Shutterfly suffered a ransomware attack that impacted portions of the company's Lifetouch and BorrowLenses business, Groovebook, manufacturing and corporate systems. Shutterfly has hired "third-party cybersecurity experts, informed law enforcement, and have been working around the clock to address the incident," the company disclosed on December 26.