Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Funding - Cybersecurity Training: RangeForce, a provider of on-demand, cloud-based cybersecurity training, has raised $16 million in Series A funding led by Energy Impact Partners. Also, Paladin Capital Group, Trind and Cisco Investments participated in the round.
3. Public Cloud Security: Sonrai Security has announced a Governance Automation Engine for Sonrai Dig. The move allows customers to ensure security in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Kubernetes by automatically eliminating identity risks and reducing unwanted access to data, the company says.
4. SOC II Compliance: CyberCube, a cyber analytics provider, has completed its Service Organization Control 2 Type II (SOC 2 Type II) audit report. The report is based on an examination of CyberCube’s internal controls and procedures.
5. MSPs and Security Operations Centers: SOCSoter has "reimagined" its platform for MSPs to address small business cybersecurity concerns, the company says. The platform offers a fully managed Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) solution, backed by a 24/7 Security Operation Center (SOC). The platform combines Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) along with on-premise and Cloud SIEM technology to provide a complete Managed Detection and Response (MDR) solution, SOCSoter says.
6. Zero Trust: Pulse Secure has launched Pulse Zero Trust Access (PZTA), a cloud-based, multi-tenant secure access service that enables organizations to provide users easy, anywhere access to multi-cloud and data center applications with Zero Trust assurance, the company claims.
7. Privileged Access Management (PAM): Centrify has launched Delegated Machine Credentials (DMC) as part of the Centrify Privileged Access Service to reduce risk and empower automation in increasingly complex, infrastructure-as-code-based elastic environments, the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Partnerships and Alliances
1. Distribution - Endpoint Protection in Europe: Infinigate, a value-added distributor for European cybersecurity solutions providers, has agreed to distribute SentinelOne's endpoint protection software.
3. Partnership - Cybersecurity Staffing: CyberSN and Mindlance are forming a strategic partner to provide a one-stop-shop for all cybersecurity staffing needs, including permanent, contract, contract-to-hire, consulting, and gig work positions, the companies say.
4. Partner Program - SOC as a Service: Comodo's SOC as a Platform is now available for any MSSP enterprise to white label, the company says.
5. Partnership - Identity and Access Management: One Identity and Ping Identity have partnered to "provide end-to-end identity management strategies and strengthen access security and control," the two companies say.
6. Partnership - Industrial Network Security: Dragos Inc., provider of industrial cybersecurity platform and services, has integrated the Dragos Platform with Fortinet's FortiSIEM, giving cyber defenders at industrial organizations a unified view of threats and events across the converged enterprise IT and industrial OT (operational technology) environment, the companies say. Threats detected on OT networks via the Dragos Platform can now be visualized in FortiSIEM, the duo adds.
7. Partnership - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Nok Nok Labs, a provider of passwordless authentication, now integrates with the ForgeRock Identity Platform. Customers can now access and authenticate seamlessly without sacrificing security, the two companies say.