Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSP and Cloud Services Cyberattack: NetStandard, an MSP in Kansas City, apparently suffered a cyberattack involving MyAppsAnywhere -- a hosted platform that supports CRM, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Sharepoint, according to a report on Reddit.
2. MDR and XDR Services: Infopercept has launched Invinsense XDR+ -- which can deploy various decoys and attract adversaries towards them. The service helps organizations to analyze potential threats, the company indicated. Also, a new service called Invinsense MDR+ provides a dedicated purple team to help organizations combat unknown and zero-day threats and minimize the damage caused through sophisticated cyberattacks like ransomware.
3. Cyber Insurance: DataStream Cyber Insurance has extended its policy coverage to assist MSPs in Canada.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar