Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks Law Firm Application: TrialWorks has suffered a ransomware attack, blocking law firms from accessing electronic records stored in the company's system, according to reports.
2. SIM Card Swapping: Not sure how SIM card swapping attacks happen? Here's a case study from ABC News.
4. Funding - Attack Simulation: Picus Security, which specializes in breach and attack simulations, has raised $5 million in Series A funding led by Earlybird.
5. Funding - Multiple-Cloud Security: Aviatrix has raised $40 million in Series C funding led by existing investor CRV.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. MSP Partner Programs: We expect numerous MSP and MSSP partner program updates and alliances at this week's ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 conference in Orlando, Florida. Track all the updates here.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.