Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Partnership: Perception Point has partnered with SentinelOne to provide customers with "unparalleled advanced threat detection and rapid remediation across enterprise endpoints, email, and cloud collaboration channels," the company said.
2. Cyber Insurance Concerns: The Department of Treasury is seeking comments to better understand whether a federal insurance response to "catastrophic" cyber incidents may be warranted.
3. Cyber Venture Capital: Ten Eleven Ventures, a venture capital firm focused on the cybersecurity sector, has opened an office in Cheltenham, United Kingdom. New General partner Dave Palmer oversees the location.
4. Executive Leadership - SIEM: Graylog has named Roland Messmer as regional VP of central and eastern Europe.
5. Mobile Application Security: A NowSecure Platform now features autonomous capabilities for productivity and auditability. The AppSec testing solution enables organizations to deploy, automate and enforce customized security policies and controls against industry-established standards, the company said.
6. Expansion: Swimlane, a low-code security automation company, has hired Ashraf Sheet as VP as part of an expansion to the Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META).
7. Research - Government Ransomware Attacks: When Government organizations that suffer ransomware attacks, their data winds up encrypted 72% of the time, Sophos research revealed.
8. XDR: Trellix -- which is the former FireEye and McAfee enterprise business -- has introduced a new partner program, and in Q4 of 2022 plans to launch an expanded XDR platform engine. The engine provides security operations teams with "enhanced playbooks for guided investigations, upgraded threat intelligence through the integration of McAfee and FireEye assets, and the launch of Trellix Event Fabric," the company said. Further out, Trellix in early 2023 will introduce an XConsole and new endpoint software that unifies "the best of McAfee and FireEye technologies across endpoint protection, endpoint detection and response, and forensics to deliver best-in-class layered endpoint defense," the company said.
9. Singtel Optus Hack - Expensive Fallout?: Australian telecoms giant Optus must pay the cost of replacing the passports and drivers licenses of millions of customers whose personal information was stolen in one of the country's biggest data breaches, Reuters reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Women In Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)