This is technology M&A deal number 217 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2021.
Ampion employs more than 500 consulting and technology specialists who support more than 150 clients. Ampion was formed through the merger of Revolution IT and Shelde. Revolution IT was an IT services company and Shelde was a digital IT security company. The merged entity, Ampion is headquartered in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, and a zone 3 facility in Canberra.
Wipro's Global Footprint, Cybersecurity Initiatives
Wipro, based in India, has more than 190,000 employees worldwide. The global IT consulting giant has focused aggressively on cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies.
Wipro has had a presence in Australia and New Zealand for more than two decades. The Ampion deal strengthens that commitment to Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) customers, the buyer says.
On the cybersecurity and MSSP fronts, Wipro has made multiple moves in recent years. They include:
- Investing in CloudKnox Security to enforce least-privilege policies across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) & more.
- Investing in application security firm Denim Group.
- Partnering with threat modeling platform provider ThreatModeler.
Ampion's Application and Cybersecurity Services Catalog
Ampion's application security services include:
- CI/CD pipeline security
- Security test automation
- DevSecOps consulting
- Static code analysis
- Automated & manual secure code review
- Secrets detection
- Penetration testing
- Software composition analysis
- Static & Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST, DAST)
- Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST)
- Container & serverless security
- Runtime Application Security Protection (RASP)
Also, Ampion's cybersecurity service catalog spans:
- Web, email & messaging security
- Cloud, network & edge security (SASE, Zero Trust)
- Endpoint & remote workforce protection
- Identity & Privileged Access Management (IAM & PAM)
- Vulnerability management
- Security Orchestration & Automation (SOAR)
- SIEM & SecOps consulting
- Insider Threat & Behavioural Analytics (UEBA)
- Managed security services
- Critical infrastructure security (OT, IoT, SCADA)
- Data protection, encryption & classification
- Technology fit assessments
Wipro Acquires Ampion: Executive Perspectives
In a prepared statement about the deal, N.S. Bala, CEO of APMEA Wipro Limited, said:
“I am excited to welcome Ampion to the Wipro family. Ampion has a successful track record and enjoys immense credibility with leading enterprises in the region, a collaborative work culture, and significant local subject matter expertise. We see Ampion as a complementary force that will help us expand our footprint and accelerate our journey in the Asia Pacific region."
Added Jamie Duffield, CEO of Ampion:
“Our clients, employees and the entire market ecosystem will tremendously benefit from the synergies of Ampion and Wipro’s combined portfolio of transformation offerings. We believe that Ampion’s experience, talent, capabilities and proven client credentials in ANZ, coupled with Wipro’s global scale, leadership in technology, and a deep understanding of domain and delivery, will make us a truly formidable team. We are pleased to become a part of Wipro and look forward to an exciting journey together.”
The deal is expected to close before July 2021, the buyer says.
Wipro Acquisitions: Recent IT Consulting Purchases
Wipro has M&A experience. The company has acquired at least five other businesses since early 2020, including:
- Capco, a global management and technology consulting company that has over 5,000 employees across more than 30 global locations;
- Encore Theme Technologies, a SaaS and financial services consulting firm;
- Engineering services company Eximius Design;
- Salesforce cloud partner 4C; and
- Brazilian vertical market technology consulting firm IVIA Serviços.
Wipro’s business has evolved over time to support cloud, cybersecurity and managed services opportunities. The company has emerged as a Top 10 ServiceNow partner for IT service management (ITSM) solutions.