Blackpoint Unveils Cyber Liability Insurance for MSPs
Blackpoint Cyber, a managed detection and response (MDR) services provider, has announced Blackpoint RISK, a cyber liability insurance solution for its MSP partners and their customers.
MSPs can use Blackpoint RISK to protect against cybercrime, ransomware and other cyberattacks, the company said. They can access first- and third-party cyber liability coverages, including:
- Crisis management
- Notification expense
- Credit monitoring
- Forensic investigations
- Public relations
- Data recovery
- Business interruption
- Extra expense cyber extortion and ransomware
- Technology products and services
- Privacy and cybersecurity
- Media liability
- Privacy regulatory defense, awards and fines
Blackpoint RISK provides MSPs with access to breach response consultants and a dedicated claims advocacy practice, the company said. Depending on the coverage selected, MSPs can access various services at no additional cost, including:
- Breach and Data Leak Alerts: Enables MSPs to search the dark web for information about their organizations and receive real-time alerts.
- Cyber Risk Rating Report: Lets an MSP review its internet presence on request and receive a cybersecurity rating to help benchmark itself against competitors.
- Ransomware Cost Calculator: Provides a calculator that an MSP can use to estimate the financial loss it would suffer due to a potential ransomware attack that causes the organization to shut down its operations for up to 60 days.
Various Blackpoint RISK offerings also include periodic external threat assessments and access to online risk and cyber training and an incident response and claims mobile app, the company stated.
Blackpoint Raises Series B Funding, Updates MDR Platform
The Blackpoint RISK announcement comes after Blackpoint recently has made several moves to expand its MSP market reach.
Blackpoint in August secured an undisclosed amount of Series B funding. Furthermore, Blackpoint in July unveiled its MDR 4.0 contextually aware MDR platform.
Meanwhile, Blackpoint partners with MSPs via its MSProtect program. MSPs can join this program to integrate threat hunting, privileged account monitoring and other Blackpoint MDR services into their portfolios.