British MSSP Leverages Fortinet, SentinelOne for SECaaS
The MSSP is working with SentinelOne, a Fortinet Fabric-Ready partner and endpoint security provider, to deliver the FortiSecured security-as-a-service (SECaaS) offering to customers, the companies say.
With FortiSecured, Infosec Partners can deliver security capabilities from the following solutions:
- FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall: Provides visibility into applications, users and networks, as well as security ratings.
- FortiWeb Web Application Firewall: Uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to protect web applications from SQL injections, cross-site scripting and other cyberattacks.
- SentinelOne Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP): Defends against all types of cyberattacks, at every endpoint.
Infosec Partners allows FortiSecured to provide multi-cloud, security information and event management (SIEM), endpoint protection and operational technology (OT)/information technology (IT) support, Fortinet said.
FortiSecured also enables Infosec Partners customers to apply and enforce security compliance across their organizations, Fortinet indicated. In addition, FortiSecured provides real-time threat intelligence and forensic insights to protect an organization throughout the cyberattack lifecycle.
Fortinet Eyes Channel Growth
The Infosec Partners pact enables Fortinet to further expand its global channel reach. It also could help Fortinet accelerate its revenue growth.
Fortinet recorded total revenue of $441.3 million in the second quarter of 2018, up 21 percent year over year. Meanwhile, service providers accounted for 19 percent of Fortinet’s billings during the time frame and represent its largest vertical.
Furthermore, Fortinet recently has made several moves to upgrade its security solutions portfolio, including:
- Bradford Networks Acquisition: Fortinet acquired network security firm Bradford Networks to bolster its ability to support and secure multi-vendor wired and wireless environments.
- Expanded Global MSSP Program: Fortinet added a Silver Level tier and new services enablement and technical support offerings to its Global MSSP Program.
- Integrated NOC-SOC Solution: Fortinet unveiled a network operations center (NOC) and security operations center (SOC) solution that combines analysis, automated response and workflows across operational and security processes.
Fortinet today ranks first in terms of most security appliances shipped worldwide. The company’s Security Fabric unifies security technologies across cloud environments, endpoints, email and web applications and network access points to provide end-to-end protection across an organization’s cyberattack surface.
SentinelOne Partner Momentum
SentinelOne, meanwhile, has been gaining partner momentum.
The company’s Worldwide Channel Partner Program revenue has grown more than 350 percent over the past 12 months, according a July 2018 statement. In addition, SentinelOne has doubled the number of international channel partners and tripled the number of North American partners during the time frame.
SentinelOne also works with master MSSPs — a set of companies that offer security services to smaller MSPs and their end-customers. An example relationship involves CARVIR, a master MSSP that Continuum acquired earlier this year.
Eager to build on that relationship, Continuum announced a more formalized relationship with SentinelOne, vowing to ensure that the MSP platform provider leverages the security company’s software as part of its managed security services.