DNSFilter Launches MSP Partner Program, Names Mikey Pruitt MSP Evangelist
DNSFilter’s new Global Partner Program will provide managed service providers (MSPs) with technology, training and support to protect customers against domain name system (DNS) and web-based threats, the company announced in a prepared statement.
DNSFilter Names MSP Evangelist
With the launch, DNSFilter, a threat protection and content filtering specialist, unveiled its Scheduled Reporting and Universal Lists features for MSPs.
Correspondingly, the company named Mikey Pruitt as “MSP Evangelist “to lead program strategy and execution. He previously served as DNSFilter’s DevOps engineer and product manager.
Ken Carnesi, DNSFilter CEO and co-founder, explained the inspiration behind the new partner program:
“MSPs are the lifeblood of our business. Better serving the MSP community was why we started the company in the first place and launching a Global Partner Program builds on our deep commitment to fulfilling our goals. Partners are provided with new tools to secure customer environments and enhanced opportunities to accelerate business traction.”
Prior to DNSFilter, Carnesi founded a hybrid MSP and ISP called Anaptyx and was an OpenDNS customer following its acquisition by Cisco Umbrella. As a customer, Carnesi was frustrated with the solution’s lack of innovation, convoluted pricing and lack of support for ISPs and MSPs, DNSFilter stated. He then identified an opportunity to build a better technology and service, particularly for MSP and ISP partners, which led to the launch of DNSFilter.
More About the DNSFilter Partner Program
DNSFilter noted that its Global Partner Program offers new technical features, including scheduled reporting with customized report frequency into how DNSFilter is protecting customer environments against threats and malicious content.
In addition, partners can create multiple global lists, either vertical-specific or based on customer restrictiveness. The lists also create a uniform deployment to be used across accounts, the company said.
DNSFilter noted key features and benefits of the Global Partner Program:
- Machine Learning-powered security via DNS allows partners to more effectively secure customers against phishing, malware and web-based threats. Sixty-one percent of threats identified by DNSFilter at any given time have not been identified by competitors, who lag behind an average of seven days.
- Multi-tenant architecture enables deployment of multiple clients with logical segregation and centralized management.
- Deep discounts off retail pricing allow partners to increase profit margins. Partners are also provided with free not-for-resale (NFR) product trials to test functionality pre-customer deployment.
- Robust training and support is provided free-of-charge for all aspects of sales, onboarding and ongoing product support. Partners gain access to DNSFilter’s partner portal, which includes courses for training technical staff on best use cases for deploying DNSFilter. Quarterly webinar fireside chats to engage with global DNSFilter partners on strategies and lessons learned for success are also included.
- Product white labeling provides MSP customers with co-branded DNSFilter dashboards or fully customized partner dashboards so software is tracked only to the partner.
DNSFilter Acquires Guardian
The Guardian Firewall + VPN integrates into the Brave browser’s iPhone, iPad and Android apps. The integration stops third-party tracking and blocks unwanted surveillance with protection at the network level on the entire device.