AWS Engages Six Types of MSSP Cloud Security Partners
The AWS move reinforces a fact that many industry newcomers often overlook: The MSSP sector has multiple segments, and no two MSSPs have the exact same service catalogs.
Amid that reality, Amazon at this week’s AWS re:Inforce 2022 cloud security conference in Boston described these six new AWS Level 1 MSSP Competency Specialization Categories:
- Modern Compute service providers that offer managed container workload security event monitoring and response services.
- Identity Behavior Monitoring service providers can identify and respond to threats and events from identity services running in AWS.
- Managed Application Security Testing service providers can detected and responded to security events in code pipelines and applications.
- Data Privacy Event Management service providers provide solutions and ongoing managed services that monitor for security events.
- Digital Forensics Incident Response partners provide “timely support to incident responders, leveraging the telemetry and data collected by partners as part of their managed security services delivered to customers in AWS,” the company said.
- Business Continuity and Ransomware Readiness partners can provide and/or manage an existing business continuity solution to recover from an interruption such as a mass encryption event (ransomware).
Key MSSP Partners Working with MSSPs
Early partners in the various categories include numerous Top 250 MSSPs, IT consulting firms, and software companies such as Accenture, Arctic Wolf, Capgemini, Deepwatch, Deloitte, DXC, GDIT, Hitachi, Ibexlabs, IBM, Proficio, RedBearIT, StackArmor and WiPro.