Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 10 May 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Acalvio Technologies announced the completion of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Foundational Technical Review (FTR), which enables AWS Partners to identify and remediate risks in their products or solutions. Acalvio has also joined the AWS Partner Network (APN), a global community of AWS Partners that leverage programs, expertise and resources to build, market and sell customer offerings.
2. Leadership Moves: Skyhigh Security today announced the appointments of Christopher Brennan as vice president of EMEA Sales, Claire Hatcher as regional director of the U.K. and Thomas Wethmar as regional director of Germany, Switzerland and Austria (DACH).
3. Industry Recognition: Cloud Range has been recognized as one of the Global CyberTech100 innovative companies of 2023. CyberTech100 is a prestigious annual list identifying the world’s leading-edge providers of cyber preparedness solutions.
4. Product Launch: N-able has expanded the Continuity features in Cove Data Protection with the introduction of Standby Image recovery in Microsoft Azure. This new feature delivers smarter disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), helping MSPs and IT professionals provide a full range of recovery services to end users.
5. Award Winner: Sourcepass, an IT services and cybersecurity provider, was named the winner of two 2023 Stevie Awards in the 21st Annual American Business Awards. Sourcepass won in the Fastest Growing Tech Company of the Year category and in the Achievement in Customer Satisfaction category.
6. Medical Device Security: Cybellum has launched its Omnibus Preparedness Accelerator Program. The program will help medical device manufacturers comply with the recently expanded regulations from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) and Vulnerability Management.
7. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cynalytica Inc. has formed a strategic partnership with the Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT) at Queen’s University Belfast and its Cyber-AI Hub, an initiative of CSIT supported by U.K. government funding. Cynalytica will collaborate with CSIT and its Cyber-AI Hub on projects to develop and apply AI and machine learning techniques to enhance the cyber-physical security of industrial control systems for national critical infrastructure.
8. Industry Recognition: Deepwatch, a managed detection and response (MDR) specialist, has been selected as a CyberTech100 award winner for 2023. Deepwatch received the award for its innovative use of technology that solves an industry challenge, provides cost benefit or improves efficiencies across the security value chain.
9. Cybersecurity Partnership: NightDragon, a cybersecurity, safety, security and privacy (CSSP) investment firm, is partnering with SiteGround, an independent web hosting platform provider. SiteGround will work strategically with NightDragon portfolio companies to develop commercial go-to-market partnerships and expand their access to its market-leading technology.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)