Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 23 May 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Business Expansion: Swimlane, a low-code security automation company, announced its further expansion in the Asia-Pacific Japan region with the opening of an office in Tokyo, and the general availability of Swimlane Turbine in the region.
2. Market Mover: Tidelift, a provider of solutions for improving the security and resilience of the open source software, today announced that it has been awarded three U.S. government contracts worth more than $3.5 million. Accordingly, Tidelift is expanding its public sector organization to help the U.S. improve its cybersecurity supply chain risk management capabilities.
3. NDR Innovations on Display: ExtraHop announced that it is the first network detection and response (NDR) provider to be showcased at World Wide Technology’s Advanced Technology Center (ATC). The ATC will feature ExtraHop’s partnership with CrowdStrike, demonstrating the combined power of their two platforms, which help improve security postures and accelerate zero trust adoption across the cybersecurity industry.
4. Cyber Defense Collaboration: N-able announced that it is collaborating with the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC) to “help create a more secure global ecosystem and work towards helping reduce security risk for MSPs and their customers.”
5. Partnership Expands in European Regions: IRONSCALES, an enterprise cloud email security platform provider, is partnering with the Infinigate Group, a value-add cybersecurity distributor. The Infinigate Group will distribute IRONSCALES’ self-learning, enterprise cloud email security platform in the Benelux, the Nordics, and Switzerland regions.
6. Leadership Move: Drata, a continuous security and compliance automation platform provider, has made two leadership appointments, naming Matt Hillary as vice president and chief information security officer and Conor Nolen as chief customer officer.
7. Product Launch: Delinea, a privileged access management (PAM) provider, has released the latest version of Cloud Suite, part of its Server PAM solution, which provides privileged access and authorization for servers.
8. School Cybersecurity Grant Program: In response to the growing threat of ransomware attacks against schools around the world, IBM announced that it will provide in-kind grants valued at $5 million to help address cybersecurity resiliency in schools. Since its creation in 2021, the IBM Education Security Preparedness Grants program has expanded globally, and this year will also include enhanced offerings from IBM SkillsBuild on topics including AI and cybersecurity.
9. Ransomware Attack: The city of Dallas, Texas reports that its municipal court system will remain closed throughout this week as it still grapples with the ransomware attack from earlier this month. The attack happened on May 3 and has affected numerous network systems within the city and the police and fire departments. A hacking group called “Royal” previously claimed responsibility for the attack. (Source: WFAA)
10. Industry Recognition: 11:11 Systems, a managed infrastructure solutions provider, has been selected as the 2022 Veeam Cloud & Service Provider of the Year, North America, by Veeam Software, a specialist in data protection and ransomware recovery.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)