Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 7 April 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Sumo Logic, Rackspace Achieve AWS Certification: Sumo Logic has achieved the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Operations Competency in the Monitoring and Observability category. As an AWS Cloud Operations Competency Partner, Sumo Logic has demonstrated expertise in helping customers build a strong and scalable foundation for end-to-end cloud operations, the company said. In addition, Rackspace Technology announced that it has achieved the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Operations Competency in the Cloud Governance and Cloud Financial Management categories. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
2. Industry Recognition: Bluefin, a company specializing in encryption and tokenization technologies that protect payments and sensitive data, has won the gold award in the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for its ShieldConex tokenization platform.
3. Top Partner Award: Fortinet has named Liquid Networx as its Security Fabric Partner of the Year. Fortinet’s awards program recognizes dedicated and distinguished partners and distributors around the world. “Liquid Networx is laser focused on Fortinet, which has enabled us and our customers with the full suite of solutions to deliver on the zero-trust framework and the network security engineer (NSE) training that empowers partners and customers alike,” Liquid Networx’s Robert Short said.
4. Security Event: Contrast Security announced its upcoming “Modern Bank Heist” roundtable panel session at RSAC 2023. The panel will take place from 8:30-9:20 a.m. PT on Monday, April 24. Contrast’s Tom Kellermann, senior vice president of Cyber Strategy, will be joined by Ron Green, Mastercard’s chief security officer, and Matt O’Neill, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the United States Secret Service. They will address cyberattack and e-fraud trends impacting the financial sector.
5. Cyber Defense Exercise: The NATO Cooperative Cyberdefense Center of Excellence will hold its Locked Shields 2023 cyber defense exercise April 18-21. The world’s largest such event will see 3,000 participants from all over the world. The cyber defense exercise lets participants defend real computer networks in real-time and simulate how to make tactical and strategic decisions in a time-critical situation. (Source: ERR News)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco, California)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)