Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. FireEye for Sale?: Perhaps so.
2. Top 200 MSSP – NTT Re-organization: The latest steps in NTT’s global reorganization surfaced on October 1. The moves involve Dimension Data Americas, NTT America and NTT Security rebranding as NTT and formally join 28 other companies and brands from 70+ countries and regions worldwide. Also, the Americas region of NTT Ltd. will operate 51 offices. NTT is a Top 200 MSSP for 2019.
3. M&A – Automated Threat Detection: ReliaQuest of Tampa, Florida, is acquiring Threatcare of Austin, Texas. The ReliaQuest threat detection platform, known as GreyMatter, will gain new attack simulation capabilities by early 2020, the companies said.
4. Ransomware Attacks Hospitals: Three Alabama hospitals suffered ransomware attacks in recent days, forcing the DHC Health System to turn away patients, BBC reports.
5. Talent – CFO: AttackIQ, which specializes in continuous security validation, has hired Danielle Murcray as chief financial officer. She previously held executive roles at Evident.io (acquired by Palo Alto Networks), Skyhigh Networks (acquired by McAfee) and IronPort Systems (acquired by Cisco).
6. ERP Application Security: Sixty-four percent of SAP and Oracle ERP customers have suffered an ERP (enterprise resource planning) application breach in the past 24 months, according to research from IDC and Onapsis. Yes, Onapsis offers security for those platforms.
7. Smart Home Security: My Alarm Center (MAC) has hired Evan Flamm as senior VP of finance and Chris Honigman as senior VP of sales and marketing.
8. McAfee Product Launches: McAfee made the following product and service announcements this week during the company’s MPOWER Cybersecurity Summit.
- McAfee MVISION Insights – a new data-driven, analytics-based product that helps customers to pinpoint threats.
- McAfee Unified Cloud Edge – which sounds like a bundle that includes McAfee MVISION Cloud, McAfee Web Gateway, and McAfee Data Loss Prevention offerings—all to be available through the MVISION ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) platform.
- Various enhancements across the MVISION portfolio.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Managed Network Security Services: Unity Technology Solutions, and IT solutions provider, now leverages CyGlass for managed cyber security services — particularly in the area of Network Defense as a Service.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- RSA Conference USA 2020 (February 24-28, 2020, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.