Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Video Surveillance: Alarm.com has acquired a majority stake in OpenEye, a provider of cloud-managed video surveillance solutions for the commercial market. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. Activist Investor: Forescout management may be under pressure…
3. Funding – Automotive Cybersecurity: Volvo Group Venture Capital AB has invested in Upstream Security, an Israeli automotive cybersecurity company.
5. SOAR and SOCaaS: Delta Risk, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019 and SOCaaS provider, has released version 2.0 of its Security Orchestration and Automation (SOAR) platform, ActiveEye. The enhanced platform eliminates more than 95 percent of false positives from endpoint detection and response solutions, security information and event management (SIEM) devices and software, cloud applications, and cloud infrastructure, Delta Risk says.
6. Avast Breached: Here are the details.
7. Risk Mitigation: AttackIQ and The Chertoff Group are partnering to help organizations measure security risk, train security staff and justify security investments. The service is called the ATT&CK Diagnostic.
9. Talent: Secureworks has hired PerkinElmer and Gartner veteran Steve Hardy as chief marketing officer. The move comes as Secureworks continues to expand beyond classic MSSP services while working with third-party cybersecurity software providers.
10. Zero Trust and Access Management: Pulse Secure has introduced new Secure Access management and threat mitigation capabilities within its Zero Trust Network Access platform.
12. Security Assessments: Bugcrowd has announced Attack Surface Management (ASM) — which provides an assessment of an organization’s security posture based on visibility and intelligence on the organization’s true attack surface, the organization asserts.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Data Security: Ubiq Security has hired SonicWall, FireEye and Juniper Networks veteran Steve Pataky to drive a new partner program focused on MSSPs and data security partners.
2. Talent – MSSP Platform: High Wire Networks has hired BMore and CPDS veteran Jeremy Cullen as a channel enablement specialist for the company’s Overwatch solution.
5. Cyber Alliance: A new global alliance has emerged to protect operational technology (OT) – the hardware and software dedicated to monitoring and controlling physical devices such as oil and gas valves, pumps, etc. The group is called the Operational Technology Cyber Security Alliance (OTCSA). Early members include ABB, Check Point Software, Cylance, Fortinet, Microsoft, Mocana, NCC Group, Qualys, SCADAFence, Splunk and Wärtsilä.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- NEW: PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.