Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, July 30, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. AWS and Capital One Data Breach: So, who’s to blame?
2. Talent – Endpoint Security: Malwarebytes has hired AlienVault and AT&T Cybersecurity veteran Mike LaPeters to lead the endpoint security company’s channel initiatives — including relationships with MSSPs (managed security services providers) and MSPs.
4. Talent – Network Detection and Response: ExtraHop has hired Bill Ruckelshaus as CFO.
5. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Qualys has upgraded its Indication of Compromise (IOC) solution to version 2.0. It features new detection, investigation and response capabilities that include:
- a behavior-based scoring engine to help analysts prioritize responses;
- enhanced attack detection using a file reputation threat feed;
- real-time and historical views of attack patterns;
- a real-time response platform alerting and actions; and
- various API and ecosystem integrations with third-party SIEM, threat intelligence and SOAR platforms.
6. 5G Cybersecurity: Spirent Communications during the Black Hat USA 2019 conference will demonstrate several new capabilities in its CyberFlood Data Breach Assessment solution and preview new use cases for security assessment in 5G networks.
7. Cyber Risk Quantification: Nehemiah Security has launched Risk Quantifier 3.0, a SaaS solution to continuously measure and assess the magnitude of financial losses associated with cyber risk.
8. Cloud Security: Aqua Security, a platform provider for securing container-based and cloud native applications, has released runtime protection for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
9. Italy Data Breach: Data of 18,000 people claimed to be customers of Italian payments firm Nexi have been published on a foreign website, but no financial information was disclosed, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Integrations: Mimecast, an email and data security company, has launched the Cyber Alliance Program. The goal is to “align security vendors into an extensive cyber resilience ecosystem” that drives interoperability and data sharing.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.