Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 February 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MDR for AWS Cloud: Expel, a managed detection and response (MDR) provider, has launched Expel Workbench for AWS. The SaaS security tool allows partners and customers to monitor and investigate potential security risks in an AWS environment.
2. CPA Firm Launches Cyber Practice: Buchbinder Tunick & Company, a CPA firm in New York, has launched Buchbinder Information Technology Solutions (BITS), a suite of cybersecurity services for small and mid-size organizations.
4. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Zensar Technologies has launched a Digital XDR (extended threat detection response) solution as part of its Digital Foundation Services offerings. Zensar’s XDR solution “provides organizations with adaptive expert intelligence and threat prediction capabilities by prioritizing the business risk tailored to their environment,” the company says.
5. Identity and Access Management (IAM): One Identity has released new SaaS-based identity governance and administration (IGA) and privileged access management (PAM) solutions. The new SaaS offerings allow organizations to implement a Zero Trust model, the company says. The solutions are hosted, managed, monitored and operated by One Identity within the One Identity Cloud.
6. Email Security – Phishing Tests: IRONSCALES has upgraded its phishing awareness training module with the addition of a “one-click campaign” feature. Security teams gain a simplified process to test employees’ individual phishing awareness via targeted simulations, the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – Snowflake Cloud Data Security: ALTR now offers Cloud Integration for Snowflake. The integration provides Snowflake users with additional governance and protection over sensitive data, ALTR asserts.
2. Distribution: McAfee and Ingram Micro have announced an expanded worldwide relationship. The new agreement will “provide access to McAfee products and solutions across Ingram Micro’s global distribution network, including its regional Cloud Marketplaces and Centers of Excellence,” the companies say. McAfee launched its SaaS portfolio on the U.S. Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace in late 2020, and plans to expand its footprint on Ingram Micro’s network of e-commerce platforms throughout 2021, the firms add.
3. Partnership – UK Cybersecurity: Blue Ridge Networks and Athena Cyber Security have inked an alliance to provide endpoint and critical infrastructure cybersecurity solutions for United Kingdom’s private and public sectors.
4. Partner Program – Vulnerability Management: Cyberpion has launched a new partner program to help partners “identify vulnerabilities in customers’ hyperconnected IT infrastructures before they are exploited by attackers as well as provide continuous ecosystem security risk assessment and timely alerts as part of their current practice.”
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar