Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSP Security Training: Huntress has sent roughly 120 MSP ecosystem members to this week’s Level Up, an MSP security training challenge organized by The CyberCall’s Andrew Morgan and Black Hills Information Security’s John Strand.
2. Microsoft Office 365 Phishing Campaign: Here’s the warning from Kaspersky.
3. Microsoft 365 Security: The new version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud now provides visibility and control over corporate files containing personally identifiable information (PII) or bank card details stored in Microsoft 365 application, the security software company announced.
4. Microsoft Azure and Identity Risk Management: Illusive has launched Identity Risk Management for Microsoft Active Directory. The solution combines the discovery, automated mitigation and protection of exploitable privileged identities, Illusive said.
5. Web Access Management: CyberArk has launched Secure Web Sessions, a cloud-based solution that enables organizations to record and protect user web application sessions, the company said.
6. Executive Leadership – Security Operations Center (SOC): Segra, one of the largest fiber infrastructure network companies in the Eastern U.S., has announced Vonya Alleyne as chief people officer, Robin Dunson as chief legal officer, Tim Montz as chief financial officer, Scott Wallhermfechtel as CTO and Dan Watts as chief operating officer. Watts will lead Segra’s network operations center, security operations center, customer service centers, service delivery teams, outside plant and field operations.
7. Executive Leadership – Cloud SIEM and SOAR: Sumo Logic has named Lynne Doherty to the new role of president, worldwide field operations.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Integration – Operational Technology Security: Dragos, a provider of cybersecurity for industrial controls systems (ICS)/operational technology (OT) environments, today has launched a new Dragos Platform app with ServiceNow. The result: Joint customers can “accurately catalog industrial devices alongside existing enterprise assets to fortify industrial cybersecurity,” the two companies said.
2. Integration – Identity and Access Management (IAM): BlackBerry announced a technology integration between Okta Identity Cloud and BlackBerry Spark unified endpoint management (UEM).
3. Partnership: Merit Controls, a provider of services to renewable energy plants, has partnered with Quess GTS, a technology solutions provider. The partnership focuses on secure grid integration products and services.
4. Distribution – SMB Security: Sandler Partners has agreed to distribute Coronet’s security as a service platform to help partners protect devices, networks, email, and popular cloud applications, the two companies said.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar