Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) New: 04 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Russia Invasion of Ukraine: Microsoft suspended news sales in Russia, and continues to focus on protecting Ukraine’s cybersecurity. Separately, IT consulting giant Accenture exited Russia but vowed to support 2,300 employees who were impacted by the decision. See all cybersecurity and business updates related to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine here.
2. SaaS and Single Sign-On (SSO): Datawiza, a no-code platform for implementing authentication and authorization for applications and APIs, now supports B2B Single Sign-On (SSO). The result: Multi-tenant SaaS platforms can “immediately support the secure access requirements of their customers, no matter which identity platform the customers are using, including Microsoft Azure AD, Okta, Amazon, Google and more,” Datawiza indicated.
3. NSA Offers Network Security Guidance: The National Security Agency (NSA) has released a new Cybersecurity Technical Report (CTR) that tackles Network Infrastructure Security Guidance.
4. Rapid Growth: Darktrace appears to be in rapid growth mode, according to the company’s latest financial results.
5. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Okta’s revenue was $383 million in Q4 of fiscal 2022, up 63 percent from Q4 of fiscal 2021. Still, the company’s business forecast somewhat disappointed Wall Street analysts, and shares fell about 9 percent on the news, SeekingAlpha noted.
6. Research – State of the MSP Market: Kaseya’s latest MSP Benchmark Survey results are here.
7. Vulnerability Management as a Service: onShore Security’s latest offering is described here.
8. Talent – XDR Security: Cynet has hired Bruno Darmon as chief strategy officer.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar