Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – SaaS Security Posture Management: Adaptive Shield has raised $30 million in Series A funding. Insight Partners led the round. Okta Ventures and Vertex Ventures Israel participated in the round.
2. Funding – Cloud Security: Orca Security has raised $550 million in its extended Series C fundraising round led by Temasek, an investment company headquartered in Singapore. The round boosted Orca Security’s valuation 50 percent in just seven months to $1.8 Billion, the company says.
3. Ransomware Payment Disclosures: U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Representative Deborah Ross (D-N.C.) have introduced Ransom Disclosure Act. If an organization pays a ransomware extortion, they would be required to disclose that information to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The DHS, in turn, would gain “critical data on ransomware payments in order to bolster our understanding of how cybercriminal enterprises operate and develop a fuller picture of the ransomware threat,” Warren and Ross indicated.
4. U.S. Government Cybersecurity: Cybereason has launched a U.S. Government subsidiary called Cybereason Government Inc. Nate Russ is regional vice president for the business unit.
5. Data Sovereignty – Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: Atos, a global IT consulting firm with a Top 250 MSSP business unit, has launched a sovereign data version of its MDR cybersecurity service. The new offering “conforms to data sovereignty principles by country, and to organizations’ particular data and operational needs,” Atos said.
6. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Open Systems has hired Michael Davis and Chris Raniere as the company’s chief architect and chief revenue officer (CRO). Meanwhile, the company’s Microsoft cloud-native MDR service has grown 200 percent over the last year, though actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed.
7. Firewalls: WatchGuard Technologies has released its new Firebox M290, M390, M590, and M690 unified threat management appliances. The firewalls are designed for small and midsize businesses — and the service providers that support such organizations. The firewalls feature enough processing power to handle encrypted and HTTPS traffic, WatchGuard asserts.
8. Cyber Incident Response: Integreon has expanded its Cyber Incident Response (CIR) capabilities to now include Cyber Incident Notification Services. The new services include delivery and fulfillment by mail or email to impacted individuals of required communications, along with call center support and credit monitoring services. This latest offering is designed to expertly assist clients to meet strict international, national, and state data privacy and consumer regulations deadlines and other compliance requirements.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partner Program – Data Security: Forcepoint has enhanced its Global Partner Program to “simplify how partners work with the company while creating significant new business and revenue growth pathways,” the company says. The program now features an elite tier of Titanium partners. The company is also automating its support infrastructure and introducing a “more efficient engagement model with broader incentives that make it easier to work with Forcepoint while enabling partners of all levels to deliver greater customer value,” the firm says.
2. Partner Program – Security Automation: Swimlane has launched the Medley Partner Program to engage and support three primary partner groups: Technology Alliances, Advisory Alliances and Value Added Resellers.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar