Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 July 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Kaseya Cyberattack Recovery Update: Kaseya appears to be on track to restore its SaaS-based VSA platform for MSPs on Sunday, July 11. Meanwhile, IT Glue — a Kaseya business unit — has asked ConnectWise to restore an integration with the IT Glue MSP documentation software platform. ConnectWise turned off the integration on July 2 as a precautionary step amid the Kaseya VSA cyberattack, ConnectWise said at the time. Complete updates on the Kaseya VSA cyberattack, restore and investigation are here.
2. CISA Alert – DarkSide Ransomware: The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency has published a new malware analysis report covering DarkSide Ransomware.
3. City Network Shutdown: A network security incident has shut down city government computer systems in Joplin, Missouri, according to the Intelligencer.
4. M&A Financial Advisor – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Imperial Capital acted as the exclusive financial advisor to CyFIR, in connection with its sale to eSentire, a portfolio company of private equity firm Warburg Pincus.
5. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): EclecticIQ, a threat intelligence, hunting, and response technology provider, has released EclecticIQ Endpoint Response 3.0. This standalone EDR solution offers service providers and enterprises real-time visibility, detection, and response capabilities, EclecticIQ says.
6. Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): Rapid7 has launched InsightCloudSec, a Cloud-Native Security Platform (CNSP) that spans cloud security posture management (CSPM), infrastructure entitlements management, and infrastructure as code capabilities. The features leverage recent Rapid7 acquisitions — namely, DivvyCloud and Alcide.
7. Ransomware Threat Mitigation: GLESEC, a cybersecurity firm, has launched a Ransomware Protection Solution. The service blends various endpoint detection and response (EDR) and orchestration capabilities. Third-party vendors and tools were not mentioned by name in the announcement. GLESEC is based in Orlando and Florida, with operations in Latin America.
8. Talent – Privacy and Data Governance Software: OneTrust has hired Autodesk veteran Lisa Campbell has chief marketing officer effective July 19.
9. New York Cyber Center: New York City has become the first major American metropolitan area to open a real-time operational center to protect against cybersecurity threats, The Wall Street Journal reports.
10. Cybersecurity – Financial Services: Safe Systems has developed an Information Security Program that enables financial institutions to develop a customized, interactive and FFIEC-compliant approach to reporting, complete with notifications, reporting, collaboration, approval processes and regulatory updates, the company says.
11. Partnership – HPE NonStop & Cybersecurity: XYPRO Technology Corp.‘s threat detection and security management capabilities are now available for Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) NonStop systems. XYPRO and HPE have a longstanding business relationship. HPE NonStop systems are fault-tolerant servers typically built for enterprise customers. The systems were originally developed in 1976 by Tandem Computers. HPE inherited NonStop through the Compaq acquisition of 2021.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar