Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 14 September 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. DattoCon22 Recap: Get the latest DattoCon22, Kaseya, Datto & MSP partner news here.
2. MSSP Partnerships: Key moves include…
- Government: Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM is now available as part of the Sumo Logic FedRAMP-Moderate offering. The company also expanded its partnership with CloudHesive, an MSSP that supports federal government agencies.
- Maritime Security: Infosec Partners and the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) are partnering to jointly raise cybersecurity awareness and standards in the maritime sector.
- AWS Cloud Security: StackArmor has achieved the AWS Security Competency in the Perimeter Protection category. This designation recognizes that stackArmor has demonstrated proven technology that helps customers achieve their cloud security goals. In addition to the newly launched Perimeter Protection category, stackArmor also has expertise in cloud security posture management (CSPM), cloud workload protection platforms (CWPP), attack surface, and container security for the compliance and privacy use cases.
3. Partner Programs: Updates involve…
- Data Privacy: BigID has unveiled partner program enhancements to further support the company’s 150+ partners.
- MSSP: Nuspire, a Top 250 MSSP, has launched the Nuspire Partner Program.
4. Partnership – Open XDR: Automated security validation solutions provider Ridge Security and Stellar Cyber have partnered to deliver an “integrated solution that streamlines security operations and consolidates multi-sourced data and insights into one single platform to quickly and automatically investigate and remediate threats,” the companies said.
5. Critical Infrastructure Security: Waterfall Security Solutions, an Operational Technology (OT) security company has partnered with green mobility consultancy Alstom to improve railway system efficiencies and to defend associated infrastructure from cyberattacks.
6. Mobile Security and Privacy: Quokka has launched Q-Scout, a BYOD- and privacy-first security solution for remote work and personal devices.
7. Cloud Security Marketplace: Aqua Security software licensing and procurement is now available through the Google Cloud Marketplace.
8. Funding: Key updates involve…
- Data Security: Theom has raised $16.4 million in seed funding. Ridge Ventures led the round along with M12, Microsoft’s Venture Fund.
- Cloud Data Security: Digs has raised $34 million in Series A funding led by San-Francisco-based venture capital firm, SignalFire, with participation from Felicis; Okta Ventures; Nir Polak, venture partner at SignalFire, and founder and chairman at Exabeam; Jack Huffard, co-founder of Tenable; and existing investor, Team8.
9. SMB Cybersecurity: AaDya Security has launched passwordless authentication for Judy,a cybersecurity solution designed for small and midsize businesses.
10. Cloud Security Center: Radware, a provider of cybersecurity and application delivery solutions, has launched a new cloud security center in the United Arab Emirates. Located in Dubai, the facility will “reduce latency for in-region traffic and offer customers faster mitigation response times against denial-of-service attacks, web application attacks, malicious bot traffic, and attacks on APIs,” the company said.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Executive Teams
1. MSSP: New Binary Defense CEO Bob Meindl has announced several executive team updates at the MSSP and MDR security provider. Key hires include:
- COO Dan Adcock;
- Chief Commercial Officer Tracy Caudill;
- Chief Product Officer Jason Vest; and
- Head of Cyber Services Joe McMan.
Founder Dave Kennedy shifts to chief hacking officer and Mike Hofherr becomes CFO.
2. MDR: Critical Start has announced three key executive hires and two internal promotions. Key hires include:
- Chris Williams as chief revenue officer (CRO);
- George Jones as CISO; and
- John Schilsky as CFO.
Key promotions include Chris Carlson as senior VP of product and Roseanne Donohue as senior VP of people strategy.
3. Channel Chief: LogRhythm has hired Gary Abad as VP of global channels. He previously held key channel leadership posts at Trustwave, Ivanti, Meru Networks (acquired by Fortinet), Kaspersky Labs, and F5 Networks.
4. Email Security: Mimecast has named Rafe Brown as president and COO.
5. Bot Detection: Netacea, has named Andy Lole as CTO.
6. Cybersecurity Research: CrowdStrike’s 2022 Threat Hunting Report is now available here.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar