Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 15 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding – Offensive Security: Bishop Fox has raised $46 million in growth funding from WestCap, with additional contributions from NextEquity Partners and Rockpool Capital. Bishop Fox has raised more than $154 million in lifetime funding. We don’t know the company’s current valuation, nor do we know how the valuation has evolved (up or down) in recent rounds.
2. Automation – Security Operations Center (SOC) Services: Eide Bailly has teamed with Arctic Wolf to “help proactively protect organizations against today’s cyberattacks,” the companies said.
3. Talent – MSP Data Protection: MSP360 has promoted Mike Krasnotsvetov to global director of sales.
4. Talent – DevSecOps: ShiftLeft has named Gary Davis as chief revenue officer and Chris Hatter as CISO.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)