Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. M&A – XDR and Cloud Security: Fidelis Cybersecurity has acquired CloudPassage, a provider of cloud security and compliance-related technology.
3. Vulnerability Management: Ridge Security has announced new capabilities in RidgeBot 3.4, for post-exploitation validation, the company says.
4. Ransomware Gangs Call It Quits?: Multiple ransomware groups claimed they were shutting down or scaling back operations as the U.S. government ramped up pressure while tech companies, cryptocurrency exchanges and others worried about getting caught in the crossfire, Reuters reports. For instance, DarkSide said it was going out of business after losing access to some of its servers, the report said.
5. Ransomware Attacks Insurance Giant Axa Subsidiary: Ransomware has attacked Asia Assistance, an AXA insurance subsidiary that runs call centers in Asia and Europe. Details of the Asia Assistance cyberattack surfaced just as Axa said it would no longer offer ransomware-related insurance payouts to customers.
6. Funding – Application Security: ArmorCode, a Silicon Valley startup delivering application security, has secured $3 million in seed financing led by Sierra Ventures with participation from Tau Ventures and Z5 Capital and individual investors. Enterprises use ArmorCode to consolidate application security tooling, streamline application security processes, increase business agility, and improve developer productivity, ArmorCode asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar