Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Log4j Vulnerability Scanners: Here’s a regularly updated list of Log4j vulnerability scanners that MSPs, MSSPs and threat hunters can use to find and mitigate the Log4j issue.
3. XDR Partnerships: Cloudflare, Armis and ThreatWarrior have joined the CrowdXDR Alliance, which is led by CrowdStrike. Existing partners including Google Cloud, Okta, ServiceNow, Zscaler, Netskope, Proofpoint, Extrahop, Mimecast, Claroty and Corelight. The CrowdXDR Alliance essentially counters this XDR Alliance.
5. Mitel DDoS Attack & Recovery: Mitel’s voice service is back up and running after a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack on its SIP carrier caused an outage on Friday, December 17, UC Today reported.