Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP Expansion: Infopercept Consulting has expanded its MSSP footprint into the U.K. market. Anuj Kharbanda is leading the U.K. and European Union (EU) expansion. Infopercept already has a presence in India, the United States, Sri Lanka, the Middle East, and Africa. The company also plans to cover the European Union from the U.K.
2. SOC as a Service: Cloudflare describes its SOCaaS strategy here.
3. Certification – SMB Supply Chain Security: The Cyber Readiness Institute (CRI) has introduced a professional credential program designed to train cyber leaders in small businesses to help secure supply chains and reduce risk of a cyber attack, the organization says.
4. Threat Intelligence and Protection: ZeroFOX has released an App Library that enables “security teams to streamline their response to external threats through effective threat intelligence enrichment, alert orchestration and incident remediation,” the company says.
5. Ransomware Mitigation: Retrospec, a StorCentric company, has released Retrospect Backup 18 and Retrospect Virtual 2021. The upgraded platforms feature “new ransomware protection and security enhancements designed to enable businesses to further fortify themselves against accidents and malicious threats,” the company says.
6. Ransomware Preparedness Assessment Tool: Axio has expanded its free Axio360 Ransomware Preparedness Assessment tool to give organizations detailed visibility into their cyber posture with respect to ransomware, the company says.
7. Ransomware Attacks Bose Speakers: A ransomware attack vs. Bose in March 2021 forced some of the electronic giant’s IT systems offline and exposed the personal information of a handful of former employees, CyberScoop reports.
8. Talent: Forcepoint has named Peter Brant as senior VP of North America sales and Myles Bray as senior VP of EMEA sales.
9. Talent: Passwordless identity management provider Beyond Identity has named Tony Shadrake as VP of EMEA.
10. Talent – SASE: iboss has named Dmitriy Gladchenko as VP of finance and Ben Peera joined as the new assistant corporate controller.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partner Program – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): ActZero has launched Summit, a partnership program that will “accelerate the democratization of security for small and mid-size businesses,” ActZero asserts.
2. Partnership – Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) & Microsoft: Senserva, a CSPM specialist, has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and MSSPs that have integrated their solutions with Microsoft to better defend against security threats.
4. Partner Program – Email Security and Data Protection: Zix, parent of AppRiver, has expanded its global partner program in Germany and the United Kingdom (UK). Zix German partners will now be able to take advantage of localized product offerings, including Advanced Threat Protection, Secure File Share and a dedicated Partner Portal. In the UK, existing and new partners, be able to add Data Archive Residency to their product portfolios, the company says.
5. Integration – Azure Active Directory: Banyan Security Zero Trust Remote Access now integrates with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). The integration “enables organizations to provide secure, one-click access to on-premises web apps, datacenter, and IaaS resources,” Banyan Security says.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar