Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Ping Identity has acquired Singular Key, a provider of no-code identity and security orchestration. Singular Key provides a no-code method of creating workflows across multiple identity technologies and platforms, including identity verification, fraud, risk, access management, privileged access, and identity governance into a unified identity fabric.
3. Funding – Cyber Insurance: Coalition has raised $205 million from Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Associates and Whale Rock Capital, with participation from the company’s existing investors, valuing Coalition at more than $3.5 billion.
4. Funding – Security Training: EQT has made a “significant investment” in EC-Council, which develops and provides proprietary cybersecurity training and certification programs for customers in more than 145 countries around the world, both directly and through more than 700 partners.
5. Funding – Cyber Insurance: Coalition has raised $205 million from Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Associates and Whale Rock Capital, with participation from the company’s existing investors, valuing Coalition at more than $3.5 billion.
6. Zero Trust: Banyan Security has released Banyan Security Team Edition, a no-cost version of the company’s Zero Trust Remote Access platform.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partnership – IoT Security: Armis and Gigamon are partnering to offer a joint solution that “enables organizations to reduce business risk and increase security through real-time and continuous protection for managed, unmanaged, and IoT devices,” the company says.
3. Partnership: DTEX Systems and Splunk have partnered to promote a “zero-trust approach to insider risk intelligence, data loss prevention and security operations orchestration and response,” the companies say.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, virtual)
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar